Athletic Criteria to Maintain Eligibility for the Work to Train Program
- Monthly updates from the athlete's coach (Coaches will submit an update to the athlete director quarterly) stating that the minimum practices are upheld, and competition schedule is on track
- Intensive training schedule
- Competition schedule of:
2 regional competitions or equal;
2 Domestic international competitions; and
1 National competition.
Public Service Works
- Minimum 6 month contract renewable up to 8 years
- Work schedule of 20 hrs. per week (unless agreed apon by employer), unless there is a scheduled competition or training camp that has been submitted to the Work to Train program director and employer (2 week min. notice) subject to exception for student-atletes.
- Public Service Works- Listed below (if applicable).
- Perform a minimum of 50 hours (1 hour per week) of community service within a 12-month period. Type of community service to be approved through community service committee.
- Mentoring possibilities for underprivileged kids. The athletes could be a stable role model/mentor for kids in their community.
- Public service is an integral and essential part of the Work to Train program. Athletes are making a commitment to the community for the duration of their program.